Friday, November 7, 2008

Spitzer, Cleared Of Federal Charges, Seeks Refund From Call Girl

Former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer, cleared by federal prosecutors of criminal responsibility for his role in a prostitution scandal that cost him his office, today his announced that he wanted a “full refund” from the call girl he had hired.

“If I’m not being charged with a crime,” Spitzer told a hastily assembled Manhattan news conference, “then what I did wasn’t solicitation. In legal terms, the young lady and I went on a date. And I want my money back.”

Spitzer stepped down from the New York Governor’s office after allegations that he had used high-priced prostitution services while on official visits to Washington, D.C.

“I think of it now as an extramarital relationship that didn’t work out,” Spitzer said. “If the young lady would only be fair, she would recognize that the thousands of dollars I left on the nighttable really ought to be returned.

“I intend to put the money to good use,” Spitzer promised. “I will use the bulk of it to start a foundation to keep young women from getting involved with men like me in the first place. And I will use the rest to buy my wife a gift. Maybe some jewelry or a new car. If she’ll ever talk to me again.”

No comments: