Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Aging Favre Apologizes For Torturing Dogs; Says He "Doesn't Recall"

An aging Brett Favre today told a hastily assembled Minneapolis news conference that while he was glad to be back in the NFL, he had "no recollection" of torturing or harming dogs.

"I've been reading all the headlines," Favre, 57, told reporters, "and maybe I've taken too many hits on the football field, but I don't recall ever doing anything bad to dogs like I've been reading about."

Favre said he had a dog named "Poochie", a play on the football term "pooch kick," but "I never did anything to him worse than, you know, hit him on the snout with a newspaper when he peed on my wife's Persian rug. Otherwise, I would never do anything mean to an animal."

When a reporter pointed out that Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick was responsible for dog torture, not Favre, Favre whistled and sighed in relief.

"I get confused," Favre admitted. "But I'll say this. I couldn't be prouder than to be wearing the uniform of the San Diego Redskins. I mean the Pittsburgh Cowboys. I mean, um, the Vikings. That's it, the Vikings."

No comments: