Wednesday, August 19, 2009

O.J. Simpson, Learning DNA Can Be Faked, Seeks Murder Retrial

"I'm convinced that new evidence will demonstrate that I didn't kill anybody," O.J. Simpson told a hastily assembled Ely State Prison, Ely, Nevada news conference. "They lied about my DNA. The truth will come out."

Simpson, apparently responding to a report that scientists in Israel revealed that DNA evidence could be fabricated, maintained his innocence in the killing of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.

"I will be set free any day now," Simpson said. "As soon as I can get my lawyers on this, I will be released."

Simpson told reporters that his conviction was "wrong" and that he had been found guilty "due to DNA evidence that that white policeman made up about me."

Reporters reminded Mr. Simpson that he had actually been found not guilty in the criminal trial concerning the murders of Simpson and Goldman.

After a long, puzzled silence, Mr. Simpson asked reporters, "Then why am I in prison?"

No comments: