Saturday, February 28, 2009

Adam Corolla Spotted At 405 On-Ramp With Sign, "Will Talk For Food"

Former KLSX morning man Adam Corolla was spotted by motorists at the southbound Santa Monica Boulevard entrance to the 405 freeway in West Los Angeles, panhandling while carrying a hand-lettered sign reading "Will Talk For Food."

Corolla and the rest of the KLSX now-defunct talk radio lineup were fired in mid-February amid slumping ad revenues and declining ratings.

"I didn't manage my money well," Corolla told a hastily assembled Los Angeles news conference after video of his panhandling had been posted on YouTube. "I thought the money would keep pouring in forever, even though the show was only marginally funny and listeners were deserting us like rats jumping off a sinking ship."

Corolla told reporters that he had "no career prospects" after his annoying putdowns of everyone in Hollywood who "might have employed me had I not been so snotty and self-aggrandizing."

Corolla said that panhandling was "humiliating," but it did "offer much more dignity than being paired by management with Danny Bonaduce. That should have been the writing on the wall for me. If only I'd put something in a money market fund. Can any of you guys lend me cabfare home?"

No comments: