Saturday, February 7, 2009

Caroline Kennedy Ended Senate Bid Due To Salvadoran Housekeeper Chained In Attic

Caroline Kennedy withdrew her bid for the U.S. Senate seat from New York vacated by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton when it became known that she had a Salvardoran cleaning woman chained to the attic of her East Side townhouse.

"I am current on all of my nanny taxes," Kennedy told reporters at a hastily arranged Manhattan news conference, "but it is true that I do keep Esmerelda chained to a post near her bed, where she can do the laundry and cooking but she can't get out of the house."

Kennedy explained that "In New York it's hard to find or keep good help. Esmerelda is happy to have the job and never complains about the fact that she hasn't seen daylight since 1986. She loves our whole family."

Kennedy said that she had kept "current with all taxes on Esmerelda, in case I ever pursued a political career. She's a legal immigrant and we take out for Social Security and everything else. I never realized that voters might be offended by the fact that she's chained up in our attic. I mean, a lot of people in Manhattan do this. Why people are singling me out, I don't know. I never knew that politics was so...you know. So hardball."

Esmerelda could not be reached for comment.

No comments: