Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Biden: “I’ll Stick To Plagiarizing From Now On”

Vice President Joe Biden, called to task for his comment that the Obama administration’s economic recovery program has a 30% chance of failure, has promised “to return to plagiarizing other people’s speeches from now on.”

“Every time I open my mouth with an original thought,” Biden told a hastily assembled Washington, D.C. news conference, “all I do is change feet. So from now on, I will resume my prior practice of plagiarizing speeches from leaders around the globe.”

Biden got into trouble in the 1988 Presidential campaign when a Michael Dukakis operative revealed that Biden had plagiarized from a speech by British politician Neil Kinnock.

When a reporter asked whether Biden got into “hot water” with President Obama for his off-the-cuff remarks, Biden said, “In the words of the great French leader Francois Mitterand, ‘Non comment.”

No comments: