Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Edwards Denies Ever Having Been To Alaska

Sen. John Edwards today vehemently denied to a hastily assembled, and somewhat puzzled, Chapel Hill, North Carolina news conference that he had ever visited the state of Alaska.

"I have never been to Alaska," Edwards told reporters. "I have never campaigned there. Nor have I taken a glacier cruise there. Nor have I gone ice fishing there, or participated in any way in the Idatarod race, as a musher or as a volunteer or course monitor.

"I have often thought of visiting Alaska," Edwards continued, "but I have never followed through on that thought. My office is today releasing my entire travel schedule for the past 35 years and you will plainly see that my history is Alaska-free."

Sen. Edwards paused for questions, and there was only one: "Why are you addressing the question of whether you have ever been to Alaska when no one is asking you about it?"

Sen. Edwards looked relieved, and replied, "Really? Oh, that's great!", and ended the news conference without taking any further questions.

No comments: