Monday, September 1, 2008

McCain Defends Choosing Palin Because It Was The “Rash, Reckless Thing To Do”

Sen. John McCain today defended his choice of little-known Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his Vice Presidential running mate on the grounds that “It was the rash, reckless thing to do.”

McCain told a hastily assembled Hutchinson, Kansas news conference that “The American people want to know that I’m still as much of a maverick as ever. My choice of Sarah Palin indicates that my shoot-from-the-lip, ready-fire-aim, thinking-is-for-losers approach to decision-making is forever young.”

Reporters asked whether McCain would use the same rash, reactive approach to matters involving international affairs and the economy.

“You bet,” McCain said enthusiastically. “I’ll invade any country at the drop of the slightest provocation. We’ll have our troops in harm’s way all day long. The fact that I don’t think guarantees that our enemies will.”

McCain also promised to use the madman strategy to maximum effect with the economy.

“I’m not convinced taxation, home mortgages, and the Federal Reserve System are really good for the country,” the Senator told reporters. “If I wake up one morning and the thought crosses my brain for even a millisecond, I’ll wipe them all out faster than you can say Fannie Mae.

“And when it comes to the death penalty, all I can say to you felons on death row is this: don’t give me a reason to come finish you off myself. Ya never know with me.”

A reporter asked Sen. McCain about the strength of his marriage and whether his “hairtrigger temper and maverick tendencies” put his bond with his wife at risk.

“Let’s just say that the current Ms. McCain stays on her toes,” the Senator said. “I think Sarah Palin is starting to like me.”

No comments: