Tuesday, August 26, 2008

To Enhance Unity, Obama To Make Acceptance Speech Wearing Bright Orange Pantsuit

Telling reporters that "It's the least I can do to repay Hillary's graciousness," Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama pledged to make his historic acceptance speech wearing a lovely, bright orange pantsuit similar to the one Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton wore at her Tuesday night speech.

"At first I thought the color was a little bold," Sen. Obama told a hastily assembled Denver news conference. "But after I tried to adjust the color on my widescreen, I realized that bright orange was an inspired choice. Normally I prefer earth tones. But I figure, let's go crazy, just this once."

Obama said that he, like Sen. Clinton, would wear flats, not heels, and would limit jewelry to a tasteful display of earrings and a brooch designed like the American flag.

"You don't want to go overboard," Sen. Obama said. "But I want to accessorize in a manner that tells Hillary's supporters that we stand united."

Sen. Obama would be making history on many levels at his speech at Invesco Field, where the Denver Broncos play. He would be the first Presidential candidate to appear in women's clothing since Warren Harding wore a cocktail dress to honor newly enfranchised women voters in 1920.

"They're going to make my pants suit out of some old John Elway uniforms," Sen. Obama said. "It's the same color as Hillary's outfit. Can Hillary and I not just march together but match together? Yes, we can!"

No comments: