Thursday, July 24, 2008

Radio Shock Jock Savage Takes On Kids With MS, Cancer, Asthmatics

“Throw your inhalers away and quit being such crybabies,” radio shock jock Michael Savage today told his national audience. “I’ve never seen such whiners. I don’t recognize this country anymore.”

Fresh from his controversial comments about how children diagnosed with autism are faking their illness and simply need stronger parenting, Savage today took on children with other medical conditions including multiple sclerosis, cancer, asthma, and HIV/AIDS.

“These are liberal diseases,” the conservative, iconoclastic Savage declared. “Only children of liberals have these diseases, because their parents won’t take responsibility for their actions.”

Savage’s radio program, which usually provides a critique of left-wing values, has shifted focus and is now devoted almost entirely to taunting ill children.

“They’re a bunch of malingerers trying to get out of going to school,” Savage declared. “Their parents must be a bunch of Islamo-Fascists. When I was a kid, if you had cancer or something, your father took off his belt and beat it out of you. Today, we coddle kids.”

Savage recently became the focus of a national groundswell of criticism for his remarks about autism, which have resulted in sponsors including AFLAC leaving the show and protestors demanding that Savage be dropped from radio stations.

“I’m not backing down,” Savage, born Michael Weiner, told listeners. “My ratings have never been higher. I’m just an angry guy who somehow went from making nothing as a nutritionist to making a fortune as a talk radio guy. But the whole borders, language, culture shtick I do is getting old. Nobody cares anymore. And then I say one word about kids, and I’m front page.”

Savage said that once he’s gone through all the children’s diseases he can think of, he will then start attacking young people who are mentally ill and then move on to fetal alcohol syndrome and other diseases that attack the fetus prior to birth.

“I’m five diseases away from funding my entire retirement,” Savage told listeners. “And the sickest thing is, I’ve got callers who actually agree with me. And some of them are even native-born English speakers. I’ll go after them next.”

No comments: